MUMBAI: Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra took to social media to post "dos and don't" as her beloved city Mumbai is bracing for the incoming cyclone Nisarga.
The list of dos and don’ts was issued by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation.
She also expressed her concerns as her mother Madhu Chopra and younger brother Siddharth Chopra are in Mumbai.
#CycloneNisarga is making its way to Mumbai, my beloved home city of more than 20 million people, including my mom and brother. Mumbai hasn't experienced a serious cyclone landfall since 1891, and at a time when the world is so desperate, this could be especially devastating. pic.twitter.com/zgne0vVpnR— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) June 2, 2020
This year feels relentless. Please everyone find cover, take precautions and follow the guidelines outlined. Please stay safe everyone. pic.twitter.com/S2xZ5h0g8z— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) June 2, 2020
Some of the instructions released by BMC include:
* Don't move sick or injured people unless it is completely safe.
* Stay away from damaged buildings.
* Don't let petrol, diesel or flammable substances leak.
* Don't spread false rumours or unconfirmed reports about the cyclone via social media or communication media.
* Don't attempt to drive towards or near the cyclone.
* Store plenty of drinking water and other food items that can be stored.
* Switch off all the electrical appliances.
* Seal off important documents, money and jewellery in a safe place.
* Keep an emergency kit ready and listen to the phone or radio for instructions from officers.
People living in mud houses should move to a safer building for shelter.
*Stay away from windows. Stay in the centre of the rooms. Hide under a desk and use your hands to protect your head and neck.