Politics

Indo-China Tensions: India Says Proposal To Go Back Further Unacceptable

BP World Bureau | Aug 06 2020 11:23:07 AM
Image credits: pinterest

NEW DELHI: India rejected Chinese demands for further disengagement on the Line of Actual Control (LAC), calling the demands "unacceptable." 

The fifth round of Corps Commander-level military talks failed to break the deadlock in the 14-week border crisis in eastern Ladakh and the high-powered China Study Group (CSG) reviewed the Chinese proposal.

Sources said that a message regarding disengagement from Pangong was delivered by the Army on a dedicated military hotline in Ladakh.

Read: Decoupling Bilateral Trade Ties Will Affect China And India: Chinese Envoy 

The Chinese side refused to undertake any further disengagement unless Indian soldiers also stepped back by an equal distance during the talks about Pangong.

Based on the principles of mutual respect and to reduce the friction in key finger points, the disengagement process was followed so far on PP14, PP15, PP17 and PP17A.

Read: Indo-China Military Talks Next Week, Army Retreats Few Km Away From LAC