WASHINGTON, US: US President-elect Joe Biden has either nominated or named at least 20 Indian Americans to key positions in his administration and out of that 13 are women.
Biden helped make history by choosing Kamala Harris as his running mate, Harris is half black and half-Indian.
Indian-Americans who are nominated in key roles are;
- Neera Tanden - Director of the White House Office of Management and Budget.
- Dr Vivek Murthy - the US Surgeon General.
- Vanita Gupta - Associate Attorney General Department of Justice.
- Uzra Zeya - Under Secretary of State for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights.
- Mala Adiga - Policy Director to the future First Lady Dr Jill Biden.
- Garima Verma - Digital Director of the Office of the First Lady.
- Sabrina Singh - Deputy Press Secretary of Dr Jill Biden.
- Aisha Shah - Partnership Manager at the White House Office of Digital Strategy
- Sameera Fazili - Deputy Director at the US National Economic Council (NEC) in the White House.
- Bharat Ramamurti - Deputy Director, White House National Economic Council.
- Gautam Raghavan - Deputy Director in Office of Presidential Personnel.
- Vinay Reddy - Director Speechwriting.
- Vedant Patel - Assistant Press Secretary to the President.
- Tarun Chhabra -Senior Director for Technology and National Security, 15. Sumona Guha - Senior Director for South Asia
- Shanthi Kalathil - Coordinator for Democracy and Human Rights.
- Sonia Aggarwal - Senior Advisor for Climate Policy and Innovation in the Office of the Domestic Climate Policy at the White House
- Vidur Sharma - Policy Advisor for Testing for the White House COVID-19 Response Team.
- Neha Gupta - Associate Counsel
- Reema Shah - Deputy Associate Counsel.