NEW DELHI: Citizens who want to register to get a COVID-19 vaccine shot will have to get a four-digit security code from the Co-WIN portal.
Union government has added a four-digit security code to reduce data entry errors about vaccination status.
Several citizens earlier stated that they have received an SMS notification that a vaccine dose has been administered to them when they didn't go for the scheduled vaccination.
Read: MoHFW: Positive COVID Report Not Mandatory For Hospital Admissions
Here is how you can register for vaccination through Co-WIN website.
- Log onto https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in. or ‘vaccination’ icon on the Aarogya Setu app.
- Click on the option, ‘Get OTP’. The website will send you a One Time Password (OTP), also via SMS.
- Enter the OTP on the website and click the “Verify” button.
- Registration page will now open on the portal and fill in your personal details, like your ID proof, gender and year of birth. The ID proof you enter must be with you when go to get the shot.
- Then add “Account Details" and you can add up to three other people who will be linked to your mobile number if you want.
- Schedule your appointment. Click on the ‘Calendar’ icon to book your appointment or click on “Schedule appointment.”
To register in your nearest vaccination centre, you can try through pin code or via the drop down menu where you have to fill in the state, district, block and pin code.